Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Happy Easter - Place Settings

These cabbage plates are some of my favorites.  They have been used many times for different occasions.  The beauty of having these is that they compliment different style settings. They were a purchase I made when I worked at "my favorite store", Williams-Sonoma. 

The pink-rimmed plates were actually an impulse buy when I checked-out an "antique" shop that opened around the corner from my house.  The  shop has since closed so I'm glad I bought the plates when I did.  $10!



Layered napkins are my way of adding color and interest without taking up additional space on the table.  I enjoy using different fabric textures, colors, and patterns.  For this place setting I gathered the napkins and used lace trim to add some texture and a little sheen.

The menu card is kind of a signature piece for me.  Even at family dinners I add a menu card.  For me it compliments the place setting and also satisfies my love of creating something on paper.  Yes...I am a font junkie! But that's a topic for a future post.

Check back in a couple of days when I will post about the centerpiece and how it came to life for this Easter table.

No comments:

Post a Comment