Friday, April 8, 2016

Easter 2016: From Inspiration To Table

In my post "Chocolate And Van Gogh" I shared the inspiration for this year's Easter table. It was right on target. And, ironically, that's where my journey began...at Target!  While cruising the internet I came across the perfect dessert/salad plates (a beautiful pale shade of robin's egg blue) to accent each place setting - and on which we would serve dessert. The pieces began to fall into place; and this year there were many pieces.

My vision began with twigs, paper eggs, berry baskets, plaster bows, and two wooden crosses - all of which would need to be painted.  Paints? Check!  Brushes? Check!  With a printout of Vincent's painting and one of the accent plates I began to mix paint colors.  Several different shades of a robin's egg blue and a chocolate brown  collected on my palette...um...paper plate. Because of the varying shades in the painting I didn't feel the need to paint the same blue and brown on everything. That turned out to be a good decision because I'm not entirely certain I could have recreated the same shades each time I needed an additional coat of paint.



The twigs, crosses, and a couple of eggs would be used in the centerpiece. The berry baskets - painted white and accented with a grosgrain ribbon - would be filled with goodies from "the Bunny" prior to dessert. The remaining eggs and bows would be scattered on the table and throughout the centerpiece area. On two of the remaining eggs I added stick-on crystal crosses for a little sparkle. One of these eggs would be placed in a glass candy dish with shred to mimic a bird's nest.


A brown table cloth served as a lovely "chocolate" base for the tablescape.  White plates anchored each place setting and the accent plates set off the place setting nicely. Simple white cloth napkins were rolled and placed beside each place setting. The centerpiece arrangement was created in a silver pedestal bowl and included branches of white flowers (to resemble those in the inspiration painting), silk greenery, Spanish moss, painted paper eggs and a wooden cross.  Two crosses were painted and glued together so that there would not be a front and back. Two silver candlesticks with white candles completed the centerpiece.
                        


I was quite pleased with the end result.  My vision came to life and I hope it enhanced our time together on this meaningful day.

Continued Easter blessings to you all and thank you for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment