Saturday, January 7, 2017

A Tiffany-Inspired Christmas Table

Just when I think I've exhausted creative ideas for a Christmas table inspiration taps me on the shoulder.  The focus of the table decor would be some beautiful silver pieces given to my sister from her dear friend, Melissa. The silver had belonged to Melissa's mother, Lu, and Melissa gave some pieces to my sister knowing she/we would use them for entertaining. With that established my task was to decide on a color palette.  

My inspiration for the color palette actually came from another event I was helping with during the holidays. For that event we used various hues of blue and teal with silver accents.  When I saw the Tiffany blue with the silver I immediately knew in which direction I wanted to go.

The table decor actually pulled triple duty this year: hosting a Christmas party, a Girls Night Out Christmas get-together, and finally Christmas Day dinner.  As a result you may notice slight differences in the table decor and layout in some of the pictures: artificial snow, two different trays, and fresh versus silk flowers to name a few. However, some elements stayed the same throughout the holidays: the boxwood and crystal kissing balls, ornaments and candles.

                  During our Autumn trip for lunch (at Ruby Tuesday's) and pre-Christmas shopping at Hobby Lobby my sister, Lynn, and cousin, Lauranne, noticed some ornaments similar to these.  Since we already had the crystals (purchased from an antique store) we decided to make our own. Boxwood trimmings were stuck into a small square of floral foam attached to the top of the crystals.  The boxwood was sprayed with touches of diamond dust before hanging them from the light fixture above the table. My sister created these and they turned out beautifully!  We also found the vase and Tiffany blue round ornaments that day!

We added a box wrapped in Tiffany blue paper with a white bow (And who doesn't like a Tiffany box?), white candles in silver candle sticks, and just a little bling to finish the look.

I was very happy with how this table turned out.  It will always be one of my favorites. Many thanks to Melissa...every piece of silver is treasured and this tablescape is lovingly dedicated both Melissa and her mother.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas filled with love, laughter, friends and family.  

See you in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment