Friday, March 27, 2015

Getting Ready For Easter

Oh, my goodness! Easter is only one week away! And while I have had it on my mind, the off and on cold weather just didn't seem like the time for Easter planning. I had better stop planning and start putting my table setting together. I will post pictures of this year's table after Easter. It is very possible that I will be putting finishing touches on the table as the ham is coming out of the oven!

At the top of my list is deciding on a color palette. A quick review of tables from the last few years will make the decision easier.  I don't usually duplicate color palettes several years in a row.  Wish me luck!



This is one of my favorite color palettes. The bright green mixed with the apricot/orange sherbet was so lovely and fresh. The bright green, metallic charger and the orange satin ribbon lent a more formal feel to the setting. I may not use the same color palettes two years in a row, but I have been known to reuse the cute little bunnies and alabaster eggs. I added some paper mache' eggs for a texture contrast and left them in their original state. 

             


I really like pastels at Easter. The yellow, pink and muted turquoise looked lovely. The wicker chargers gave the table a more casual feel that year. The bunnies and alabaster eggs made an appearance. The addition of two little brown bunnies peeking out from under the center piece added a little charm. I love to add little touches that may not be noticed right away but complete the look and feel I want to achieve.




This color palette was all about the napkins! I am fortunate to have a mother who sews and is willing to serge and hem the edges of many a piece of fabric to create the napkins I want.* (Thank you, Mama!) The little ceramic chicks and alabaster eggs in bright colors completed this look. I wish I had a picture of the entire table. It was a bright, cheerful way to celebrate Easter Sunday lunch.

*I am a fan of cloth napkins. My collection of cloth napkins is varied and on the large side. I have nothing against paper napkins and use them frequently. However, there is...for me...something about a cloth napkin that completes a table setting.




As I said above I will post pictures of this year's table after lunch on Easter Sunday. Until then, I wish you a meaningful Holy Week and a joyful Easter Sunday.
                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment