Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Rehearsal Dinner Deconstructed: Final Thoughts

It is always bittersweet for me when an event takes place and the packing-up begins. I love the planning process and seeing the vision come to life. From the first phone call and email to the event itself, planning this rehearsal dinner with the mother of the groom was so much fun! And that is as it should be. Don't get me wrong; it takes a lot of time and a great deal of work, but it's worth it. While I was very pleased with the end result, knowing that the groom's mother and the groom himself were pleased was the most important thing.


Whatever the event or occasion I like to think "outside the box". And this rehearsal dinner was no exception. Sending an invitation box was inspired! It introduced the event perfectly and we remained open-minded to other unique ideas during the planning process. Upholstery fabric, slate tiles, double old fashion glasses and pebble tiling sheets were used, but not for their intended purposes. They instead became napkins, coasters, vases and place mats. Be original! Use your imagination! It can make the event or occasion more personal and more fun.

While we were on our way home, my sister asked me if I would have done anything differently.  I hadn't had time to think about it then, but now I would probably answer her question with a "no". It was perfect just the way it was! Oh, there might have been some little things like the way the napkins were folded or "hiding" the cut ends of the manzanita branches; but our planning had been so successful that second-guessing the end result wasn't an issue. I love it when a plan comes together!

Many thanks to Lynn, Peggy, and Amy for your individual efforts.  And to Wendy, the groom's mother?  You are awesome to work both for and with!

I would also like to thank [again] Dick, Wendy, Crawford and Shannon for allowing me to post this series. It was a wonderful evening!  Heart.

The happy couple recently celebrated their first anniversary.        

No comments:

Post a Comment