Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Looking Forward To Spring


The past couple of months have been less than traditional.  Much of the holiday season is a blur, and the celebration of my mother's birthday wasn't much of a celebration.  My father was very ill and passed away a few weeks ago.  I haven't felt much like setting tables, creating centerpieces, or blogging...until I ran across some pictures today of a table setting I actually created for Mother's Day several years ago.  



This centerpiece included some sparkly butterflies I had gotten on sale after Christmas that year.  For some reason my father fell in love with these butterflies and would have been extremely happy if they had been a part of every centerpiece I have done since then! Really? Former football player and sparkly butterflies? 

I have used the butterflies since then (happy Daddy!), so when I saw these pictures I smiled and my thoughts turned to Spring...the promise of new life and new beginnings.

This post is for you, Daddy!  May heaven be filled with sparkly butterflies.  I love you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment