Saturday, February 27, 2016

Take Me Out To The Ballgame

The birthday dinner for my sister and husband has rolled around again! You might remember a post from last year which included my father, and the three different place settings that I created. Since this year's dinner was for just the two of them I thought it might be a little easier. Perhaps I could find common ground.  I thought and thought. Well, they both love baseball...  Of course...BASEBALL!

I had to keep it simple. Flowers?  No...because (like crying) there aren't flowers in baseball. Candles? Hmmm...I had to think about that one. 

What represented baseball that I could use as a centerpiece? I was a little bit out of my "league".   And then it came to me.
  
A scoreboard! A quick Google search of scoreboard images gave me the information I needed to create an Excel scoreboard.  It took a little while, but I created a scoreboard that represented both my sister and my husband.  The ads represent things they both like. There was even a nod to my sweet Daddy with the NASA ad. And...I got to download a new font! (Yes, I am a font junkie.)
             
For me keeping things simple can be a difficult task.  Should I create a tabletop baseball diamond with runners on base? What would I use for dirt?  In the end I did keep it simple.  A quick trip to Party City to look at baseball party favors gave me the accents I wanted. I reused a picket fence base to hold the scoreboard.  I was a bit disappointed that neither my husband nor my sister like Cracker Jacks. Instead I put together faux popcorn bags. (Gotta love shred!)  And I did add some small tea light candles.
 
The one thing that gave me the most trouble was what drinking glasses to use?  Yes, I can be that picky.  As I finished setting the table it FINALLY came to me...Coca Cola glasses!! And I already have some at my house!  

Mission accomplished. While I could have gone overboard I didn't, and both of them loved the table.
Happy Birthday, Darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment